-1-2 racks pork ribs
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon chilli powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon light brown sugar
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup apple juice, or 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
-1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional *
-1 cup barbecue sauce, homemade or store-bought
1. Remove membranes from the back of ribs, if needed.
2. Rubs seasonings over both sides of ribs.
3. Place wire trivet rack in the bottom of the instant pot.
4. Add water, apple juice (or apple cider vinegar) and liquid smoke (optional, but recommended for that great smokey flavour.)
5. Place the ribs upright, with the meat side facing out. If you’re using one large rack of ribs, then circle them around the pot.
6. Secure lid and close vent.
7. Press “manual” or “pressure cook” and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
8. When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 min, then turn the valve to quick release.
9. Carefully remove ribs to a large, foil-lined baking sheet and slather them in BBQ sauce.
10. Optional: broil them in the oven for 2-3 minutes to caramelize the bbq sauce.
INSTAPOT BABY BACK RIBS
The Instapot is one of my favorite
kitchen appliances! Now, most
people think that an Instapot is
only good for soups and stews.
Don’t underestimate this powerful
appliance. It has the power to
turn an average cook into a
bonafide hero! Check out my
BBQ rib recipe cooked by the
Dr. Glenn Vo
Nifty Thrifty Dentists
My mom passed away earlier this
year at the age of 99. So in honor
of her, here is a cocktail recipe
created with some of some of her
favorite things. I call it the
Director of Global Sales
for Hier Labs
Ginja Rossio Cherry Liqueur
Cherry Ice Cream
-Blend ½ shot of Ginja Rossio with
two scoops of Cherry Ice Cream
-Blend ½ cup of ice with one shot of the Vodka
-Pour the ice cream mixture into a separate glass cup
-Layer the caramel syrup over the ice cream mixture
-Pour the Vodka ice over the top of
-Top the drink off with the Nougat